- All students from Texas secondary schools are invited to join our competitions.
- All students from non-Texas secondary schools are invited to contact the director to discuss participation opportunities.
- Texas Quiz Bowl does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, disability or sexual orientation.
- If you have a concern regarding the accessibility of TQBA events please email cromero at texasquizbowl.org
B. Financial Resources
- If your school does not have the means to pay for a quiz bowl participation, please contact cromero at texasquizbowl.org to discuss your circumstances.
- Texas Quiz Bowl does not tolerate academic dishonesty in any form.
- Giving or receiving answers is strictly forbidden.
- Accessing and perusing question sets before playing at an event at which they will be used is forbidden.
- Using any aid during a match, including but not limited to smart phones and previously written notes, and receiving help from non-players is forbidden.
- Students found guilty of cheating are subject to a lifetime ban from Texas Quiz Bowl competition.
- Schools, coaches and adult chaperones are ultimately responsible for the behavior and ethics of their students. Adults directly or indirectly involved in cheating incidents are subject to a lifetime ban from Texas Quiz Bowl competition.
- Texas Quiz Bowl does not reveal personal information regarding its clientele outside of that information (name, grade, school, points) inherent in stat collection.
- Texas Quiz Bowl does not release contact information for either students or schools
E. Photography & Videography
- Texas Quiz Bowl reserves the right to photograph, videotape, or audio tape all elements of its events for promotional purposes.
- Students, Coaches, and Parents are allowed to photograph at TQBA events.
- Coaches and parents are urged to be cognizant of the distracting nature of flash photography and use discretion when photographing during matches.
- Students, coaches, and parents are expressly prohibited from video taping or audio taping any TQBA tournament match or any part of a TQBA tournament match due to the nature of packet security.
F. Right of Refusal
- Texas Quiz Bowl reserves the right to refuse service to any person, group, school, or district.
- Reasons for refusal include, but are not limited to:
- The individual or group is in debt to TQBA.
- The individual or group has failed to adhere to the TQBA rules and regulations.
- The individual or group’s presence detracts from the mission of TQBA.
- The individual or group’s presence creates a negative environoment for other individuals or groups.
- Texas Quiz Bowl has no appeals process. The decisions of the TQBA director are final.