Each year Texas Quiz Bowl selects a team of 6 to represent the Lone Star State at the annual National All-Star Academic Tournament. In 2011 Texas (team pictured below) won its first All-Star National Championship. Team selection is based on a number of criteria including performance at regular TQBA events, ability to perform well within a team dynamic, and categorical knowledge.
Student hopefuls wishing to be considered should do as many of the following as possible.
- Specialize in 2-3 categories and consistently perform well in those categories against every opponent.
- Attend at least 4 TQBA regular season events
- Attend TQBA Summer Camp
- Attend Texas Invitational
- Attend the NAQT High School National Championship Tournament with your team
- Attend the PACE National Scholastics Championship with your team