Here are some steps your team can take to get started.
- Find a few students who are interested in playing
- Host practice 2-3 times a week at a convenient time
- Use practice questions for practice.
- Attend as many tournaments as possible, particularly new school and novice events. The best way to get better at quiz bowl is to play quiz bowl.
- Have each of your students specialize in one or two categories
- Buy a buzzer for practice
- Check with your school administrators about running fundraisers for a trip to nationals or a buzzer.
- Have lots of fun playing quiz bowl