Registered Teams (21):
- Benbrook Middle (1)
- Cistercian (4)
- Frisco Nelson (1)
- Greenhill (3)
- Parish Episcopal (2)
- Plano St. Mark (2)
- St. Joseph (1)
- St. Mark’s School of Texas (4)
- St. Monica (3)
The TQBA Dallas Jesuit Prep Bowl will take place on March 4, 2017 at Jesuit College Preparatory (12345 Inwood Rd, Dallas 75244). This event is open to middle school and elementary school teams from the Metroplex.
Quiz Bowl is an academics-based game in which two teams of four students compete to answer questions about math, science, history, literature, religion, and arts. Students buzz in to answer tossup questions and correct tossup responses are rewarded with an opportunity to answer 3 bonus questions that cannot be stolen by the opposing team. The team with the most points after 20 tossup-bonus pairs is the winner.
The base fee for regular-season TQBA middle-school and elementary tournaments is $125.
- There is a $10 discount for paying by cash or check on or before the morning of the event.
- There is a $15 discount available for proving a fully function buzzer system that is used at the tournament.
- There is a $10 late fee per team for payments which are not received before the event begins.
- For schools which have not played a TQBA event in the past three years, there is no entry fee for that school’s first team.
Registration is open and can be done via our online registration page. Pizza for lunch can be pre-ordered at the tournament site the morning of the event for $10 per one-topping large.
Check-in for the event will begin at 8 a.m. on tournament morning. An opening meeting will start at approximately 8:45. Each team in the contest will play 6 preliminary matches. Following preliminary rounds, teams will be seeded by win-loss record into a single elimination playoff bracket.
We expect the top four middle school teams from this event to qualify for the 2017 NAQT Middle School National Championship Tournament to be held in Dallas the weekend of May 13, 2017.